Friday, December 02, 2011

Black Napkins Friday



Is the Friday before Zappadan known as Black Napkins Friday? If it wasn't before, It is now! No shoppers were pepper sprayed or trampled last year on Black Napkins Friday, let's hope those rabid Zappanistas behave themselves again this year.

So, earlier today, just after dawn, I'm cruising down Black Diamond Rd by Old Man's Creek, thinking about Black Napkins Friday, and way up ahead of me I spot what looks like a Black Squirrel on the side of the road. I see them periodically on my bike rides around town, usually around the creek areas. They're not as common as the grey squirrel, but they're around.

The closer I got, the more I started thinking, "That's a big fucking squirrel." Finally I got close enough to get a really good look at it, and it was no squirrel, it was some type of Black Weasel! I didn't have my weasel repellant handy, so I crossed the street and got the fuck out of there as quickly as possible.

No comments: