Saturday, January 12, 2013

Graphic Witness

For the past year or two, I've been mulling over the possibility of dabbling in some printmaking in relation to my comics. I did a series of watercolor embellished rubber stamp prints for Christmas cards last month, and I was thinking of doing prints for the covers of comics. I've done silkscreening before, but I'm not feeling the love for silkscreening right now. I was really thinking more along the lines of some type of block printing, like linoleum or wood. But, you know, I can get lazy and uninspired...and then today I picked up a copy of Graphic Witness. And then I went out and bought some woodcarving tools.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Those look pretty cool.

Good luck with your project!
~

zencomix said...

It's an amazing book.